I think that keeping a diary is lame. For example: Dear Diary, blah blah barf. Who am I talking to? An inanimate object! With that said, I am just writing my thoughts to the public here. No illusions of my imaginary friend. However, I find it therapeutic to write when all these thoughts race and bounce around in my mind. Getting them out of my head and stuck in a physical form helps me to process ideas.
I also write to save my boyfriend or friends from listening to me (babble barf) vent unnecessarily. So I've been practicing the art of shut up and listen. It's not easy... But shutting up and listening to the other person has been much more rewarding than talking about nothing. Also, listening is less stressful. I'm not worried about what the other person is thinking about what I'm saying. And there's less interruption battles. My chest gets tight when that happens.
***So this blog is mine, my time, my vent sesh. If you don't want to read it, then don't. But I didn't shove it down your throat. ***
Everyone verbally barfs all over everyone else: online, at work, especially at the bar when drunk, it's the social thing to do! It bums me out. Because a lot of people don't really seem to care about anyone else. They just care that everyone else likes what they have to say. And no one remembers anything any more. 'When did you say that? No I don't remember, I was too busy talking or thinking about what I was going to say when you stopped talking.' I am guilty of this too! It takes a CONSCIOUS EFFORT to stop the dry heaving of crap you want to say from exploding out of you sometimes (especially when drunk at a hipster bar). But a little practice is all it takes to become comfortable with shutting up and listening. (Shut your mouth and swallow the chunks) I regard anyone who remembers anything about what we talked about last week as a real person. That means not only do they remember my face, but used their brain long enough to recall what our last interaction was like. Everyone else is a hipster dumb ass barfing zombie.
I have recently read through my journal that is finally full after a year. A lot of pages are used up for budgeting, sketches, meal plans, craft ideas, and dreams. Nothing consistent. As I flipped through and reread my scribbles, I thought I had wasted a lot of time with all of these "entries". However, I now think the natural progression of trial and error lead me to where I am today. I now know that tracking what I eat is pointless and stressful. I now know I don't like to stress over what I eat. Eating shouldn't be that hard. But I wouldn't have figured that out if I hadn't reflected on what I wrote. And if I hadn't written it down, there would be nothing to reflect on. (Blowing anyone's mind? Who am I talking to?) Reflection helps me to grow. So it is still important to write about anything.
Recent self discoveries from reflecting on my journal:
I have been pretty self accepting of myself lately.
I've been happier lately.
I think it's better to think it and do it instead of obsess, plan, feel helpless, pinterest, google, throw up about it on fb.
I feel a little less insane writing things down rather than word vomit to people, in person or on social media.
Remember! My blog, not shoving it down your throat.
.
I also write to save my boyfriend or friends from listening to me (babble barf) vent unnecessarily. So I've been practicing the art of shut up and listen. It's not easy... But shutting up and listening to the other person has been much more rewarding than talking about nothing. Also, listening is less stressful. I'm not worried about what the other person is thinking about what I'm saying. And there's less interruption battles. My chest gets tight when that happens.
***So this blog is mine, my time, my vent sesh. If you don't want to read it, then don't. But I didn't shove it down your throat. ***
Everyone verbally barfs all over everyone else: online, at work, especially at the bar when drunk, it's the social thing to do! It bums me out. Because a lot of people don't really seem to care about anyone else. They just care that everyone else likes what they have to say. And no one remembers anything any more. 'When did you say that? No I don't remember, I was too busy talking or thinking about what I was going to say when you stopped talking.' I am guilty of this too! It takes a CONSCIOUS EFFORT to stop the dry heaving of crap you want to say from exploding out of you sometimes (especially when drunk at a hipster bar). But a little practice is all it takes to become comfortable with shutting up and listening. (Shut your mouth and swallow the chunks) I regard anyone who remembers anything about what we talked about last week as a real person. That means not only do they remember my face, but used their brain long enough to recall what our last interaction was like. Everyone else is a hipster dumb ass barfing zombie.
![]() |
| Pretty much all the girls at the hipster bar this summer |
I have recently read through my journal that is finally full after a year. A lot of pages are used up for budgeting, sketches, meal plans, craft ideas, and dreams. Nothing consistent. As I flipped through and reread my scribbles, I thought I had wasted a lot of time with all of these "entries". However, I now think the natural progression of trial and error lead me to where I am today. I now know that tracking what I eat is pointless and stressful. I now know I don't like to stress over what I eat. Eating shouldn't be that hard. But I wouldn't have figured that out if I hadn't reflected on what I wrote. And if I hadn't written it down, there would be nothing to reflect on. (Blowing anyone's mind? Who am I talking to?) Reflection helps me to grow. So it is still important to write about anything.
Recent self discoveries from reflecting on my journal:
I have been pretty self accepting of myself lately.
I've been happier lately.
I think it's better to think it and do it instead of obsess, plan, feel helpless, pinterest, google, throw up about it on fb.
I feel a little less insane writing things down rather than word vomit to people, in person or on social media.
Remember! My blog, not shoving it down your throat.
.


No comments:
Post a Comment